Photo Map Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Photo Map upload my photos to the internet?
- Why can’t Photo Map find photos from my trip?
- Why doesn’t Photo Map include a map for my country?
- Can I import my photos from Google Photos?
Photo Map uses the Location Data associated with the photos in your Photo Library.
- Do your existing photos include Location Data? How to see places where your iPhone photos were taken
- If not, enable Location Services for the Camera app. Cult of Mac Guide
- Photo Map’s region boundaries are approximate, so photos taken near international or regional borders may not be matched correctly.
If Photo Map is unable to automatically find your photos, you can manually select any photo from your Photo Library. Tap on the region, tap on the More Options (…) button at the top-right corner of the sliding panel, and then tap Choose Photo from Library.
Photo Map uses high-resolution GeoJSON shapefiles to store how different regions are shaped, and to filter photo coordinates by region. It’s pretty easy to add new maps once I have high-resolution shapefiles. If you have shapefiles for your country and would like to see them added to Photo Map, get in touch!
I’ve gotten a lot of requests to add support for Google Photos, but unfortunately developers are not allowed to access Photo location data through the Google Photos API.